[Sca-cooks] THE EAGLE

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 11:50:41 PDT 2010

Got ahead of myself for next week with my additions to my blog Spanish
Food in the Middle Ages:
http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.com/
as my eagle was published today instead of Tuesday. Why wait? It is a
fascinating, passionate and dangerous bird of prey and so important in
noble households as he was used for falconry before the gun for it was
taught to provide fowl to noble tables. Do not forget the class system
did not permit peasants to eat game.
New additions this coming week are my book bibliography, garfish,
running away from tuna and stalking anchovies and sardines; savory being
added to sauces and pottages; and wormwood leaves being included in
herbal wines and aperitifs. Everyday is a new adventure as to what I put
on your table!
Your comments are very much appreciated- many thanks,
Suey