[Sca-cooks] Question about almond flour

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Nov 13 16:30:35 PST 2010

European or American almonds?  In the U.S. almonds are primarily a snack
food and are varietals that are low in oil.  European almonds tend to be
varietals that have more oil and might turn into butter, especially if one
adds salt to draw the oil.  I've powdered quite a few almonds in the food
processor and I haven't had any problem as long as I don't add any liquid.

Bear