[Sca-cooks] OOP - help my stews!

Kathleen Gormanshaw kgormanshaw at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 04:14:19 PST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Amy Cooper <amy.s.cooper at gmail.com> wrote:
> So today I made a crockpot stew, and yet again, I'm highly
> disappointed in how it tastes. There's a bitter edge, and I always

Not sure, I haven't had that experience with my crock pot before.

> find that with my stews, plus I find the beef isn't really moist. It
> falls apart, but feels dry to eat. I'll list my ingredients below -

I find this with the crockpot almost every time.  The only time I've
really liked beef from the crockpot was after 3 hours on low, and then
the onions hadn't cooked.  Chicken thighs do better than chicken
breasts.  Ground beef is fine in the crockpot.

Eyrny