[Sca-cooks] Question about almond flour

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 14 10:28:00 PST 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 5:11 PM, Eleida inghean Toirdhealbhaich wrote:
>I am working on a recipe that calls for 'pounded' almonds. The first
>time we made this we used almond flour for convenience reasons. Now
>I am making it again for my mom but do not have almond flour and she
>says if i try to grind whole almonds it will make butter not flour.
>Any suggestions or advice?

Naw. Just throw them suckers into a food processor and give 'em a
whirl or three. Check between whirls to get the degree of poundedness
you like. Usually the result is not as dry as commercial almond
flour, but that wasn't what your original recipe called for to begin
with, anyway.

Now, if you want make almond butter, you have to add additional
almond oil. Even the freshest almonds i've used have not been *that*
oily.
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita