[Sca-cooks] Order of ingredients

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Nov 15 23:30:26 PST 2010

One question that came up in working on the tenth edition of the
Miscellany was in what order to list ingredients. It seems logical to
list them in the order they are mentioned--but should that be in the
original recipe or the worked out version?

I settled on the latter, on the grounds that I expect most readers
will be working from that. There are a few cases where the worked out
recipe consists only of quantities and perhaps a sentence or two of
clarification, and for those I did it in the order of the original.

Opinions? Did I get it wrong?
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com