[Sca-cooks] OP - almond extract

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:48:54 PST 2010

I've never used the non-alcoholic extracts except for vanilla (for a cake
for a friend who is an alcoholic - her request).

I prefer to get my spices/extracts/etc from either Savory
http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/ or Penzey http://www.penzeys.com/ both have
stores in Boulder but both do on-line sales as well.  I know there are other
on-line spice shops but these are my favorites.  My reluctance to use
spices/extracts/etc. from grocery stores is that I don't know how fast their
merchandise turns over.  I feel that the specialty spice shops have a faster
turnover so their stuff is fresher.  I'm sure people will disagree with me
but that's my opinion.

Good luck.
Shoshana