[Sca-cooks] cooking contest

brooke white traumspindel at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 08:52:13 PST 2010

I am not sure that an authetic scuplted cake would be the same as our modern
minds would expect. sculpting and carving are not the same as far as I know
the lebkuchenbäcker is documented since 1500somthing
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Lebkuechner_Landauer.jpg/170px-Lebkuechner_Landauer.jpg

however, while lebkuchen are still a vital part of german bakery and these
craftmen turned into the 'sugar bakers' eventually.

Marzipan has been around since the 1400s.
and then there is the entities known as subtleties.

I doubt that this particular contest would have happened in early period,
but if somebody had simpy come up with the idea at the time in late period
it might have happened.

WHile I agree there need not be a modernisation of everything, there also is
little harm in trying to engage people's mind and ovens in anyway that is
fun ;)

and there IS after all an authetic category. let's see what the ingeneous
minds of our fellow sca people come up with before complaining. Shall we ;)?
Elisande