[Sca-cooks] Types of Wheat for Bread

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 26 10:30:43 PST 2010

Greetings!  I'm pretty sure someone here has the information and could
provide some links to internet articles... What type of wheat was used
for bread during Tudor times?

I know that other grains were used for various types of bread - millet,
barley, rye, oats.  Are there any articles or web sites that tell about
the different qualities and types of bread from grains other than wheat?

What about grinding methods?  I'm guessing that grinding between stones
was the only type used.  Metal rollers would be much, much later, right?

Any links or web sites would be greatly appreciated.

Asking on behalf of another,
Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming