[Sca-cooks] NPR Segment on Copyright infringement

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat Nov 27 11:46:11 PST 2010

>  > On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM, David Walddon
><david at vastrepast.com> wrote:
>  >> Can you get a microfilm copy?

Wouldn't the microfilm version have the same issues of copyright as a
facsimile paper version?   It might be easier to get permission, but
I don't see that the media would make a difference.

I'm following this discussion with interest because of my Rumpolt
translations.  I'm working from a copyright paper facsimile and from
the copyright PDF facsimile posted by HAB.  I assumed that since I
wasn't actually including the images that I was ok, but it sounds
like this is a grey area, at best.

I began using Master Tirnoch's transcriptions, but have been
replacing them with my own, both because he modernized the spelling
of some words, and for copyright reasons.  Dr Gloning also posted
transcriptions, but I used only two small portions (with appropriate
citation), and am replacing those too, for copyright reasons.

I don't expect to ever publish my work for profit, but I'd like to be
able to share it without being sued or violating someone else's
intellectual property.

Ranvaig