[Sca-cooks] Magninus Mediolanensis on sauces: Regimen / Latin, Irish

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Sat Nov 27 14:06:57 PST 2010

As I am not really good in Latin, I was not sure if that should be "salsa
viride" or rather "salsa viridis".

So I googled both. No hits for the first, several for the latter.

Among the hits for the latter was a Latin edition of Magninus' Regimen.
Obviously the text has been translated by an Irishman in the 15th century and
the Latin text is now part of the edition in the CELT corpus.

Have a look if you are interested in this kind of stuff.

Here is the list of published texts from the CELT corpus:
http://celt.ucc.ie/publishd.html
(search for "regimen" in order to find the 6 files for "Regimen na Sláinte",
three for each langauge)

If you want to go to the chapter on sauces directly, click here:
http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/L600009C/index.html
Then click on "De saporibus & condimentis" in the left frame or go directly to:
http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/L600009C/text003.html

Who would have thought to find a transcription of the Latin regimen sanitatis of
Magninus Mediolanensis in a corpus of ancient texts from Ireland. Wonderful!

E.