[Sca-cooks] More copyright violations?

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 15:41:24 PST 2010

I was browsing the selection of cookbooks available on Amazon for my
Kindle.  As some of you may know, Amazon has made it fairly easy for
people to become e-publishers and sell their own e-books.  I plugged
in the keyword "medieval".  One item that popped up was "Treat Your
Friends With A Medieval Feast: Seven Great Recipes" for $0.99.

I was curious.  There was no information given on Amazon about the
contents, but a free book sample was available.  For full-length
books, that's usually most of a chapter; in this case, it was one
recipe.  For parsley bread.  Tinted with green food coloring.

I don't have my copy of "Fabulous Feasts" to hand, so I don't know how
exactly the recipe matches.  I did find the same recipe via Google
Books.  It was in a book called "Medieval celebrations: how to plan
holidays, weddings, and reenactments with recipes, customs, costumes,
decorations, songs, dances, and games" by Daniel Diehl and Mark
Donnelly.  The recipe is listed as "adapted from 'Fabulous Feasts'".
http://tinyurl.com/378a2ky

I'm not going to pursue this further, as I have no interest in
spending my time and money to investigate the origin of the remaining
six recipes.

Brighid ni Chiarain

--
Robin Carroll-Mann