[Sca-cooks] mead

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 1 10:06:31 PDT 2010

It's ALL alcohol.  No, "The Thirteenth Warrior" was wrong, honey counts
too.  Makes me wanna kick Dr. Crichton in his dead hiney and the
filmmakers too, sometimes.

That particular pellitory honey-water must have had to be made up fresh
every time, to prevent fermentation... unless some naughty person did it
on purpose of course.   I have no experience with the plant pellitory,
but from the description it sounds like they are using it as a
counter-irritant, a distraction, as clove oil is also used for toothache.

My observations only, etc.

Selene Colfox