[Sca-cooks] Citations

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 15:57:05 PDT 2010

Then I'm afraid there is little any of us can do to help you.  The reason
you are getting criticisms about whether your statements are valid and can
be documented is because it is perceived that you are not citing your
sources.  Just saying that you worked in such and such a library for some
number of years is not sufficient.  It would be comparable to my saying that
I believe that the Japanese sailed to the New World and taught the native
Americans how to make pottery based on the fact that I once took an
archaeology course as part of my Masters degree in Far Eastern Art History!
 For good or ill, that's the way it works.

Kiri

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Elaine koogler wrote:
>
>> Suey
>> If you have spent all that time researching the material you have in your
>> blog, then you should be able to cite your sources.  If people doubt what
>> they are reading...or attribute it simply as your opinion, the best way to
>> counter this is to provide information about where you found the material
>> on
>> which you base your statemen
>>
>> Kiri
>>
>>  I have no insert that is not documented. For instance abubilla:
>
> [ES: G. Sevilla Sep 24, 2010; Ibn Zuhr. 1992:124; and Villena/Brown.
> 1984:84:54:92:196]
> On Friday I will be publishing in my blog my book, article and speech
> bibliography. The "ES" - Electronic Sources will be published at a later
> date due to technical problems. But I assure that there is no insert without
> a footnote identifying where the information came from. In this endeavor I
> am not "writing just to write."

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince