[Sca-cooks] OT - Dessert Suggestions for a Restaurant

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 02:33:03 PDT 2010

In Sweden it's plenty of historical desserts but the links are mostly in
Swedish!
I will try to write down the most popular, often eaten as a part of the
Christmas table. Rice a la Malta, en variation of the Spanish/Arabic Arroz
con Leche, Custards of different flavours, Fritters made with apple and
cinnamon, "fattiga riddare", toast soaked in sugar and fritted, powdered
with cinammon.

Ana

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:59 AM, <wheezul at canby.com> wrote:

> My mother's friend owns a restaurant and my Mom is asking me for
> historical recipes.  If so inclined, might you share period recipe ideas
> that you find really exceptional that might get some mileage in a modern
> restaurant?  And for that matter, if you'd like to privately share links
> of places you know that have really good reputations as the 'dessert spot'
> in your locale, I'd be most interested.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Katrine

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci