[Sca-cooks] Question about almond flour

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 16:11:15 PST 2010

We've ground both raw almonds and blanched almonds in our food processor and
wound up with ground almonds...not sure how you'd get almond butter....

Kiri

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Eleida inghean Toirdhealbhaich <
SwordandKettle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I am working on a recipe that calls for 'pounded' almonds. The first time
> we
> made this we used almond flour for convenience reasons. Now I am making it
> again for my mom but do not have almond flour and she says if i try to
> grind
> whole almonds it will make butter not flour. Any suggestions or advice?
> Thanks,
> -Eleida

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince