[Sca-cooks] OOP - help my stews!

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Sun Nov 14 02:24:05 PST 2010

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 21:47:58 -0800
From: Karen Lyons-McGann <karenthechef at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] OOP - help my stews!
delsp=yes

Personally I find that slow cooked meat is always overdone even when
cooked that short a time on low.  The veg and gravy might be fine but
the meat is always fibrous and dry.  Have never understood how someone
who works full time is supposed to get a decent meal out of it.  Back
when I did an 8 hour workday plus lunchtime plus coomute and pick up
kids meant I was gone from the house 11 hours.  More than time enough
to both overcook and yet be in the dangerzone temp wise long enough to
be risky.

Lady Bonne
Cook them in the evening and then reheat the next day (or on the weekend and
then freeze). Many stews are better for a day's sitting around soaking up
the flavours anyway.

Angharad