[Sca-cooks] Cinnamon in German cooking, esp knodeln

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Fri Nov 26 10:46:35 PST 2010

Here are the ones I have documented (of course these are only the US ones) they must provide the acid level on the label.
Really it is there. It is sometimes hidden.
Anyone from Europe know if the rules are the same and/or what the acid levels are?

Modern Sherry Vinegar – Napa Valley Naturals Reserve Vinegar 4% acidity
Modern Champagne Vinegar – Beaufort 7% acidity
Modern White Vinegar – Four Monks 5% acidity
Modern White Wine Vinegar – Safeway Select 5% acidity
Modern Red Wine Vinegar – Safeway 5% acidity
Modern Rice Wine Vinegar – Marukan 4.3% acidity
Modern Apple Cider Vinegar – Safeway 5% acidity
Modern Balsamic Vinegar – Kirkland Signature 6% acidity

 Homemade Red Wine Vinegar – 5.1%
Homemade Champagne Vinegar – NEED TO TEST

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net