[Sca-cooks] Sissors

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 09:41:19 PST 2010

Radomly reviewing my blog to be published,  I came across this recipe
you translated from Nola by Robin. (Sorry, I changed computers and can't
find your address to send this to you directly.) Sissors were invented
by Leoardo di Vinci so Nola's use of them seems to be misleading to me.
I think one of Villena's instruments would be more appropriate.

Suey

*126. BASIN of Figs*

/BURNIA//(101) DE HIGOS/

You will take very good dried figs, very sweet, and flatten them well,
one by one, and remove from them the hard part of the stems, and take a
basin or a deep plate which is new and very clean. and put at the bottom
of the basin a layer of red roses, removing the white part of them with
*scissors*. and upon the roses a little sugar, and then a layer of the
figs, and in this manner, making a layer of the roses and sugar and
another of the figs, fill up the basin or plate. and having done this,
cover the basin well, so that it is there for fifteen or twenty days.
and then eat those figs, and this is a very exquisite food.

Suey