[Sca-cooks] Gooseberries?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Oct 9 08:23:50 PDT 2010

I just checked and certain nurseries still list them as restricted.

  Jung Seeds and Plants for instance says: Please check with your
local Cooperative Extension Office or Dept. of Agriculture for
specific restrictions in your area.

ID, WA - No currants, gooseberries, grapes, onion plants and sets,
shallots.
AZ, CA, CO, DE, ME, MA, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, WA, WV - No gooseberries,
jostaberries, or currants.

I have this neat source that I located for my paper on gardens-
Mother Earth News Seed and Plant Finder
http://www.motherearthnews.com/find-seeds-plants.aspx
It lists numerous sources for gooseberry plants.

Johnna