[Sca-cooks] http://cookbookhistory.wordpress.com/

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri Oct 15 18:11:58 PDT 2010

Whoever wrote this appears to know a great deal about paper, books and
publications, but I have reservations after seeing the comments about
Gutenberg.  The author repeats the common belief that Gutenberg was the
first European printer to print with movable type.  While he was among the
earliest to use movable type, Gutenberg's claim to fame was the creation of
molded metal movable type with a standardized typeface that resembled that
of a handwritten manuscript.  An expert would have known this.

I would say what we have is some competent facile research but with
incomplete subject knowledge and the possibility of bad references.

Bear