[Sca-cooks] http://cookbookhistory.wordpress.com/

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Oct 16 07:37:33 PDT 2010

I wonder if this isn't a demonstration item for a class.
Perhaps for an assignment where the students have to create a website
or blog, provide information, timeline, do some links, set up a
comment feedback, permanent link, etc.

What the site lacks
-credentials
-sources; bibliography
-authorship

I find it rather strange that it's focused on French and Western
Cuisine but starts with papyrus. Also the spelling varies. In one
place it's cookbooks and in another cook books. Why not cookery books?

And one major mistake is the entry on Guillaume Triel {Taillevent},
which should be Tirel. And there's "Chiquart Amicvzo" too and Chiquart
Amico.

Lots of other errors which MS Word would have caught if checked.

It states "abducting Romes empress and her daughters to return to
Carthage." Rome's Empress or the Roman Empress???

"The Fork Travel To Venice" and not the fork travels.

"King Roger II bans the use of paper for official documents cause it’s
pagan."

cause it's pagan... not because it's pagan.

  "It’s Constructs  showed"  .... huh

I think the text in a number of places is using constructs and not
recipes as in "and the original vellum codex contained 196 constructs."
Has it been translated into English from another language?

If you took the Wikipedia entries on the history of books and paper
and combined with the entry on cookbooks, supplemented those entries,
my guess is you could construct something similar.

It is one strange deal.

Johnnae