[Sca-cooks] what's a tisana?

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 18 13:28:58 PDT 2010

The translation you quoted is not up to date it seems to me. (Where from did you
get it?)

If you look at the Milham edition, the beginning says: "infundis cicer,
lenticulam, pisa". What has to be soaked are chickpeas, lentils and peas ...

The word "taricha" is suspect ... Look at Milham's apparatus to page 34, line
17.

Flower/Rosenbaum translate: "Barley soup"; Maier translates "Getreidegrütze",
"Gerstengrütze".

E.