[Sca-cooks] what's a tisana?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Oct 18 15:28:47 PDT 2010

If cereal is actually called for, it is likely either barley or wheat, the
preferred grains of Rome.  Since you are using the Vehling translation, you
don't have the original text and my copy of the F&R translation has gone
walkabout.  Given the Latin definitions I have, I would say the name of the
dish is related to the crushing rather than to the cereal used.

Bear