[Sca-cooks] Gooseberries?

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 22:46:57 PDT 2010

I spoke to my Dad about the No-gooseberries in California. It was because of the rust disease and Driscoll Co. was afraid of the disease contaminating strawberries and raspberries. There is a serious root disease the strawberry and raspberry growers have been fighting for years causing a lot of regulations. It is also the reason you see the plastic sheets in the fields. The growers inject mythol bromide into the ground and then seal it in with the plastic. The combination sterilizes the ground making it "safe" to plant the strawberries and other berries.
Bless Bless
Aelina

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T