[Sca-cooks] Interesting concept....

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:57:06 PDT 2010

Hey Stefan,

I'm not entirely sure exactly they did things, but mass ovens aren't always cleared out before use; sometimes the fire is just pushed to the back or sides, and the food is put in the middle- traditional Swedish tunnbröd is still baked that way, and for anything cooked in a container, there's no reason to even clear the oven floor all that carefully. One advantage of keeping the fire going is that you then get different temperatures in different places in the oven, so by moving your dishes around, you can fine-tune the temp the dish is cooked at

Dan