[Sca-cooks] OT: Chilean Miners

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:18:19 PDT 2010

I haven't spoken with him yet, but I have a brother-in-law from Chile...and
I'm sure that he is elated.  I was watching last night when the capsule came
up for the first time and the first miner emerged.  What a moment!!!

Kiri

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I know this is off topic but I am sure you are wondering how Chileans are
> reacting to this news. They spent the night crying with joy. They slept a
> little but were awake when each miner was pulled up to the surface. Then
> they cried so happy that this incredible work has been so successful! They
> swore they would not cry again but when the 10th miner reached the surface
> this morning, they were still crying.
> Perhaps Chile is one of the most united countries in the southern
> hemisphere but this event has united them all the more. Everyone is proudly
> waving the national flag and crying - 'only in Chile, only in Chile can we
> save so many, so deep'!
> Suey

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince