[Sca-cooks] French vs Russian Service

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Oct 14 15:14:02 PDT 2010

Thanks.

So it sounds as though "French Service" was roughly the medieval
practice--several courses, each of a bunch of dishes (for a luxurious
feast) brought out at once. The change to Russian service was further
subdividing it, so that you only served one dish at a time, or at
least a small number of them.

Does that seem to be right?

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com