[Sca-cooks] Risi e bisi

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Oct 18 15:43:29 PDT 2010

You are in error.  Peas, genus Pisum, are of Old World origin.  My
experience is field peas, P. sativum arvense, are not a good choice for
making this dish.  Sugar peas, P. sativum macrocarpon, are a better choice,
but they don't appear to come into general use until late in period and
really don't get widespread use before the hybrid varietals of the 17th and
18th Centuries.

The recipe hase nothing to do with Faba, Phasoleous or Vigna.

Bear