[Sca-cooks] what's a tisana?

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Mon Oct 18 17:23:02 PDT 2010

Although the Vehling translation has errors and the biggest is that the Latin is not next to it the F&R (Flowers and Rosenbaum) also has some major issues and the Latin, while next to the English translation has some transcription errors.
Best to look at an original Latin and use the MANY different translations (and your own knowledge of food) to get an idea of what is possibly going on.
Didn't Milham do a translation as well?
I will see if I can dig up my Ancient Roman materials (I have three or maybe even four translations plus at least one microfilm of the original manuscript).
I am assuming the number you list below is for the Vehling edition?
Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com
web.mac.com/dwalddon