[Sca-cooks] Gingerbread Playhouse

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 19 09:30:21 PDT 2010

Cailte quoted Susan Lin:

And then wrote:

 >ahhh!  i need to wash my brain... i am seeing the Roman
 >colliseum in gingerbread on the dessert board... must...
 >not... think... i... can... do...... it!!!

Actually, the Burning of Londinium was done in the (early '90s?) and
several photos submitted to the now-defunct Known World Confectioners'
Guild.  I have the photos - lots of buildings with colonnades, many
people lying on the ground, some chariots, Roman graffiti on the
buildings, and a portion of the roof of one of the buildings set on
fire!  Quite a work of marzipan and sugar!

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com