[Sca-cooks] Frozen pomegranate jewels

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Oct 20 12:07:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 07:47:41 +1300
  Antonia <dama.antonia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh... I've actually *never* brought in anything
>pre-cooked and hot (well-- once; ong story).  I've always
>gone for pre-cooked and refrigerated or frozen.  What
>kind of kitchen facilities do you have?

Actually I usually do it precooked and frozen then thawed
and heated there, but I think they are also worried about
how you cool and store at home.  I once had a helpful
person ruin over 20 lbs of chicken because she threw it
all in her fridge at once to cool.  i could have killed
her when i oppend those ziplocks!  more chicken was bought
and cooked on site.

It's big, convection ovens, not much to say on range/oven
but we can put camp stoves outside.  good fridge/walk in
freezer.  it's not too bad, it's just that i have three
large meat dishes and one legume dish coming out at once
for the second course.  oh, yeah, for 360 people including
the comps. ;)

just a matter of finally getting to the point where i can
step back and punt and make some things simpler, liked
canned cannelini beans rather than lentils from scratch.

cailte

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Coordinator, Student Admissions
University of New Mexico