[Sca-cooks] Spiral Bound or Perfect? One Book or Two

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 06:57:50 PDT 2010

Thorvald > You might investigate the Garamond type face.

Saluti,

I also was going to suggest Garamond for several reasons. One, it is a
very legible typeface. Two it is slightly smaller than Times and
occupies a smaller 'x' space, also the kerning it tighter. Thirdly,
the design of the typeface can be documented prior to 1600.

Mostly the third point was what I wanted to make.

There are other widely available typefaces that can be documented into
period. All of which are vastly more elegant and readable than our
standard use "fonts".

As for the books - I would prefer 2 volumes for many of the reasons
stated. 400 pages is a bit unwieldy. And if the cookery portion is
available as a separate edition I will hopefully be able to afford to
buy a couple to give as gifts to starter cooks. While the rest of the
Misc. is fascinating, it can be a bit overwhelming to newcomers.

Ciao,

--
Serena da Riva