[Sca-cooks] Perfectly Period Feast II

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 13:49:04 PDT 2010

The slightly crazed and certainly obsessed group who put on the Perfectly Period Feast a few years ago are doing it again ... PPF II. The first one was 1480's English. This time it is 1440-1420 Catalonia. We are using the Arte Cisoria as the main source for proper carving and serving. We are using Sent Sovi as the main recipe source, but a few other culinary references of the time and place have also been used. Eximenis, a 13th c writer is also a source for dishes and food organization. Appropriate pottery has been made and painted, spoons, carving knives, napery and benches constructed. Like the first one, we are doing this as a class at the upcoming West Kingdom Collegium (November 13 in Santa Cruz, CA) rather than as a regular SCA feast.

I'm the head cook, so if anyone is interested I can give more details on the dishes. There can also be reviews of how it all went after the fact. Various members of the team have posted photos of the pottery on their livejournals.

I'm very pleased that Mistress Brighid will be coming from the east coast to enjoy our culinary voyage to Catalonia.

Juana Isabella
West