[Sca-cooks] Saffron Query

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Aug 2 01:47:12 PDT 2011

At Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:13:49 -0700, "Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

>You can get saffron at Trader Joe's for a pretty decent price. As
>someone else mentioned, an ounce it more than you think! A little jar
>will last you a long time,

A little jar will last me a very long time indeed.

The recipe on which I ran out is kaa'ak, which uses .3 g--and it wasn't for me but for a certain member of my family with a depraved taste for the stuff who should be getting on a plane for Pennsic just about now. I've just ordered 10 g at what works out, including postage, to about $4.60/g fromhttp://www.theposter.com/saffron2.html. I'll be happy to report on the result.

Their price for an ounce is $79.95.

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com