[Sca-cooks] Organization of German Feasts, ~1500

Guenievre de Monmarche guenievre at erminespot.com
Wed Aug 24 07:07:27 PDT 2011

Greetings!

One of the things I've been working on for the past few years is
understanding how dishes would be arranged as part of a meal in
medieval French and English menus, rather than just cooking single
dishes. I'll be branching out a bit and cooking a circa-1500 German
feast in January, and have realized that while I have some clue as to
where to look for recipes, I have *no* clue as to where to look for
sample menus or information on how the dishes would be presented. Does
anyone have any sources they might recommend? Flandrin's "Arranging
the Meal" only has French with a bit of English and Polish...

Thank you,

Guenièvre