[Sca-cooks] rapeseed/canola oil

Karen Lyons-McGann karenthechef at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 21:33:08 PDT 2011

I'm forever behind on reading the cooks list, but reading through this
thread I was beginning to wonder when Mardi Gras would occur to someone!
First Master A. suggests perhaps you just don't fry, but even he needed to
think twice before remembering that indeed, you cannot prepare and serve and
enjoy fried foods during the Lenten fast!  (excepting you are wealthy enough
or southern enough to have olive oil.)