[Sca-cooks] Cooking class in Paris

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:26:50 PDT 2011

Congratulations, you are going to be the star student! :)

By the way, I am now curating a topic called Food History and Trivia in a
new nice place, Scoop it.
If someone have suggestions please don't hesitate to send it to me!
And if someone want start an own topic I have still 4 invitations left!
Ana

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Michael Gunter <dookgunthar at hotmail.com>wrote:

> This October my lady love and I will be going to France for a couple of
> weeks to tour
> the country a bit. Starting in Lyon (the culinary capital of France) for a
> few days with
> wine tours, a trip to the French Alps, a visit to the castle they are
> building in total period
> fashion and then to Dijon where a visit to the Mustard Museum is a must.
> After that we
> will be doing three days in Paris visiting the catacombs, the Monet
> exhibit, markets and
> the like. I have just signed for an all day course at Le Cordon Bleu just
> for the fun of it.
> The course is entitled "In Honor of Julia Child" and features some of the
> dishes she is
> famous for introducing to America. This session will be Mussels in curried
> cream sauce (mouclade)
> Traditional lamb ‘blanquette’ with seasonal vegetables and a
> Grandmother-style tart.
>
> I already know how to make all of that but it will be fun to see the
> "French method" as
> well as just having the bragging rights of attending a class there.
>
> I'm looking forward to this.
>
> Gunthar

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci