[Sca-cooks] My blog

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 02:08:14 PDT 2011

Suey, I published your blog (as I find very funny and witty) as a link in my
new Scoop.it,
Maybe you could start a own Scoop with the content of your blog, I find
Scoop.it as plattform very useful and it generates a lot of traffic.
I have almost one hundred followers to my different topics after only a
month.
Ana

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Suey <lordhunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope I am going to start receiving comments in my blogs:
> http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.**com/ <http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.com/>
> I only see Ana Valdes as a SCA follower as far as I know.
> My layout is an explanation in English of the Spanish word found in
> medieval texts, now I have been adding a photo and a recipe, in most cases
> adapted from one of our Spanish medieval texts. What I would appreciate from
> you is comments. Mila, a faithful Spanish friend, hopefully will be sending
> some like this in the near future:
>    Alfenique, sweet almond paste: That is so funny! We use this as an
> expression to mean skinny, weak and feeble.
>   Algarroba, carob bean, carob tree. During famines in Spain people ate the
> beans. It rings a bell, Pizarro and other conquistadors from Estremadura
> dying of hunger ate them and acorns. I am sure you will get to acorns. . .
>    Alforjas, pig jaw. Its the basis for the authentic past all'amatriviana;
> when I lived in Italy they told me that the original recipe came from
> L'Aquila, Abruzaos. What we have today is called la carrillada or
> carrillera, which is the vogue in Iberia!  -
> My comment: Anyone know anything about that?
>    Alioli, without a doubt there are many superstitions about making
> mayonnaise and ali oil, garlic sauce. Mom said that "in her time" when
> having one's period, one should not make alioli as it can made it curdle due
> to the humors and nerves. Rings a bell thinking of Americo Castro and the
> Jewish-Muslim influence - not to prepare certain things on "impure" days????
>    Ajo, garlic. An auntie of mine had a recipe called "cumin potatoes,"
> actually it is a salad with boiled potatoes and a sauce consisting of mashed
> garlic, cumins and olive oil. I mash a garlic clove (a fat one) with salt,
> cumin and an herb (parsley, but lately cilantro) a few drops of vinegar and
> a drizzle of olive oil. When all is mixed I dissolve it with a swish of
> water. That way it all gets well mixed with the potatoes. Super! "
> Please add your comments to any one of my 70 entries so far at:
> http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.**com/ <http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.com/>
> Become a follower like Ana
> And if you scroll down more you can subscribe to my blogs. A new one is
> published everyday Monday through Friday.
> Suey

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci