[Sca-cooks] pub food, was Re: Ramsey RE: risotto...

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Thu Aug 11 04:50:58 PDT 2011

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:22:55 +1200
From: Antonia di B C <dama.antonia at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] pub food, was Re:  Ramsey RE:  risotto...

On 10/08/2011 5:29 PM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
> I always get rave reviews when I just pick up my copy of Mrs. Beeton, take
good ingredients and follow the instructions. "Hey! This can't be steak and
kidney pie! This is good! Is there more."

That's funny-- I made steak and kidney pudding from Mrs Beeton for a
friend's grandmother's birthday, and people thought it was pretty
awesome.  (I didn't go for it so much. I still don't like kidneys-- and
the younger people mainly ate the canneloni instead).
I grew up eating traditional English food (toad in the hole, spotted dick,
liver and onions, the lot), and my mother was (and still is) a terrible
cook. But I have very fond memories of her steak and kidney pie.

Angharad