[Sca-cooks] freezing daryols

Devra devra at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 13:28:27 PDT 2011

I have had very good luck with freezing the daryol custard from Esther Aresty's The Delctable Past. (I know, I know - she does do a little tinkering with the recipes, but I have seen a daryol recipe - don't remember, of course, where - that included a soft rich cheese. She uses cream cheese.)  Anyway, this freezes surprsingly well, and if it separates, just stirring a little takes care of it.  So you can make the custard in advance and then just drop it into the pastry cases.

Devra (and yes, it includes vanilla, but that's easy enough to remove if you wish)