[Sca-cooks] Colatura di alici

Eric C Smith maredudd at blackroot.org
Tue Aug 30 15:47:05 PDT 2011

Greetings Folks!

Earlier this year I picked up two brands of Colatura di Alici that were imported from Cetara It. It's odor is slightly fishy but not nearly as fishy as I had thought it would be. I'm not really sure what its supposed to taste like, but it works for us. And my wife says the bottle for one of them is REALLY CUTE!

Anyway, I bought it because I'm making some Garum from scratch and wanted something, even if it is modern, to compare it too. I'll be finding out in about another month as that will mark 6 months of "processing" . . . or as my wife says, "rotting!"

Maredudd