[Sca-cooks] Favorite Medieval dish?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 05:51:55 PDT 2011

I should bring blanc manger, *mahallabīyah, manjar blanco, what we in South
America and in Mexico is called dulce de leche or dulce de cajeta. It's an
interesting dish, originally made with almond's milk and the meat of a hen
or a capon, now it's only the milk and the sugar left.
Ana
*
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Jim and Andi Houston <jimandandi at cox.net>wrote:

> My vigil is in a couple of weeks, and since my tireless quest is to promote
> medieval cooking in Trimaris, I decided to have a potluck spread at my
> vigil. About a dozen people have volunteered to bring their "favorite
> medieval dish" with a few small rules- they have to bring a copy of the
> original "receipt" and the name of the manuscript, and a copy of the
> redacted recipe. I'm leaving the details to my coordinator, but I'm wildly
> curious about what people are going to bring!
>
> What would you bring? Sky's the limit- your choice, any cuisine, any time
> period... choose for taste and coolness factor.
>
> Madhavi

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci