[Sca-cooks] Doing a vigil buffet

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:08:43 PDT 2011

it seems tasty and well balanced...cool!
Ana

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Michael Gunter <dookgunthar at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I have been honored to be asked to do the vigil buffet for HL Oksana's
> Laurel ceremony.
> Since she is a very good period cook I wanted t do something nice but also
> well balanced
> and tasty that will hold up.
>
> After a lot of fiddling around I think I have the final menu:
>
> Mini Pork Pies
> Potted Meats (thinking shrimp or crab and beef shank)
> Chicken Pate'
> Bite-sized Mushroom tarts
> Bite-sized Daryols (Sweet cheese tarts)
> Roasted Carrot Salad
> Crudite' with a fresh herbed Farmer's Cheese (possibly one with goat milk
> if I can find it)
> Fresh Fruit
> Lightly pickled vegetables
> Cheryse (Cherry Bread Pudding)
> Toasted Herbed Pita toasts
> Almond Tea Cakes with rosewater glaze.
> Sekujuban and Small Mead
>
> Everything except the pita will be homemade.
> I think it will be fun and challenging and almost worthy of someone of her
> caliber.
>
> Gunthar

http://www.twitter.com/caravia15852
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci