[Sca-cooks] Cream cheese?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 6 00:00:18 PDT 2011

<<< So, amongst our collective wisdom, does anyone know the age/origin
of the smooth white cheeses like cream cheese and mascarpone?

Liutgard, experimenting... >>>

Here is some of what we've discussed previously on cream cheese:
fresh-cheeses-msg (70K) 1/ 1/11 Fresh cheeses such as cream cheese and
cottage cheese. Non-aged cheeses.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/fresh-cheeses-msg.html

I suspect we can't know that much about the history of such cheeses,
since they probably go back to pre-history, being the easiest cheeses
to make.

Another file on cheese history:
Cheese-Histry-art (37K)  7/10/10  "Cheeses, A History" by Mistress
Marcia of
                                      Jarrow Motte.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/Cheese-Histry-art.html

Stefan