[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP Since it is Pennsic I have a totally off-topic rant

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 13:42:01 PDT 2011

> RANT AWAY!!
> Did you complain to the establishment?
> Write a letter to the editor?
> Post something on your blog or on a review site?

In the risotto incident I did state to the waiter they shouldn't advertise saffron rice as
risotto but I don't think he cared overmuch.
And I am planning to send a note to the restaurant from last night but, again, I really don't think
they care. The rubes are happily spending big bucks for mediocre quality. On top of the dish not
even being what was advertised the meat was overaged to the point of almost going bad. It tasted
like they were trying to get rid of it before it spoiled. And I spent over $90 on this meal. The same
establishment sent me a pinot grigio when I'd ordered a pinot noir and nobody seemed to know the
difference.

> But it happens at the best of places. I had looked forward to Babbo for years.
> The service and food were mediocre. The wine was AWFUL! And when I said something the waiter reached for my glass, tasted it, said it was supposed to be that way and put it BACK on the table!

That's....shocking!
I would hope a complaint to the management would have done something. I figured Batalli would have
more interest in his rep than that.

> Eduardo

Gunthar