[Sca-cooks] Steak au Poive cut

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 6 16:56:36 PDT 2011

I'd agree on the cut, but wouldn't quibble over a nice short loin strip done that way; I think the important thing is to find a cut that can be perfectly cooked without the pepper burning, so it should be something pretty tender. As far as I know, black pepper can be, and often is, used for biftec au poivre. The green peppercorn and cream version would be specified as poivre vert, generally, at least within my experience...

Adamantius

Sent from my iPad