[Sca-cooks] Ramsey RE: risotto...

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 9 10:51:52 PDT 2011

At 12:43 PM -0500 8/9/11, Michael Gunter wrote:

>  I do find it amusing at the sudden surge of British cooking since
> it has always been
>  considered the worst food around.

Many years ago, driving around the Lake District, we noticed a sign on
a rural pub: "Lamb Steaks".  Had to stop.

Absolutely wonderful.  Not foodie stuff, just simple excellent cooking.

So I've for many years known that sometimes in the most obscure places
in the UK you can sometimes get good food.  Their Indian and vegetarian
restaurants were very often excellent, but that doesn't quite count as
offsetting the usual semi-vile stuff.

Thorvald