[Sca-cooks] Favorite Medieval dish?

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Aug 11 14:21:00 PDT 2011

For a vigil I would go with candied things, like candied ginger and orange
peel, or possibly that cherry torte from the Neopolitan collection. Unless
I was keeping to things which were documentably period for me, which
reduces the available options by quite a bit (late 12th/early 13th
England). In that case I'd go with tardpolenes (fruit tarts) or possibly
chireseye.

For our actual vigil I'm not sure we had anything that was actually
medieval--chocolate chip cookies, fruit, lemonade, and cheesecake (the
Consort *really* wanted cheesecake) and cheese and crackers. Yes, I know,
bad Laurels, no biscuit. ;-)

Margaret fitzWilliam of Kent