[Sca-cooks] Doing a vigil buffet

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:54:55 PDT 2011

I have been honored to be asked to do the vigil buffet for HL Oksana's Laurel ceremony.
Since she is a very good period cook I wanted t do something nice but also well balanced
and tasty that will hold up.

After a lot of fiddling around I think I have the final menu:

Mini Pork Pies
Potted Meats (thinking shrimp or crab and beef shank)
Chicken Pate'
Bite-sized Mushroom tarts
Bite-sized Daryols (Sweet cheese tarts)
Roasted Carrot Salad
Crudite' with a fresh herbed Farmer's Cheese (possibly one with goat milk if I can find it)
Fresh Fruit
Lightly pickled vegetables
Cheryse (Cherry Bread Pudding)
Toasted Herbed Pita toasts
Almond Tea Cakes with rosewater glaze.
Sekujuban and Small Mead

Everything except the pita will be homemade.
I think it will be fun and challenging and almost worthy of someone of her caliber.

Gunthar