[Sca-cooks] Freezing tarts.

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:17:12 PDT 2011

For this vigil buffet I'll have no cooking facilities on the site so I was wondering if I could
simply freeze and defrost the daryoles and mushroom tarts. I think it should work fine
but don't know if I'd need to reheat or just defrost. I worry about them being a bit soggy
but I just can't cook everything fresh on a campsite.

I plan on making the pork pies and freezing them but then defrosting and baking them the
day before. I might do this with the daryoles and mushrooms but I don't think the uncooked
tarts will freeze well.

Since everything will be bite sized there probably won't be too many problems.

Also, anyone have a good recipe for sekanjubin? I really hate the stuff so haven't worked out
a good recipe.

Thanks!

Gunthar